This Policy applies to the information that we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected:
- Through face-to-face contact, or by any other means, including on any other website or any third party, including our sponsors and/or presenters.
Information We Collect
Our website typically collects two kinds of information about you: information that you provide which personally identifies you; and information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our website.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, the use of LeslieCarolBotha.com content does not require personally identifiable information; however, personal information may be required to access specific area such as white papers, case studies, paid course materials, etc.
- Identity Data: may include your first name, last name, username.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include your credit card details.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns when you access our websites. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type and version of browser you are using, the operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our sites you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, the specific areas of the website that you visit , including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use, and the duration of your visit.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION.
LeslieCarolBotha.com collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our web server logs, cookies, and the user, including in response to surveys and questionnaires and consent voluntarily shared in forums.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example Facebook.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling-in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for an event, purchasing a product from us, or requesting information about any product or service. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of any correspondence you submit, when contacting us.
- Your response to surveys and/or online event evaluations that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. If you are purchasing an item, we may request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used solely to bill you for the item you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider.
- We will also collect such additional personal information as you choose to share with us, such as photos or other content you may post, including, as you may elect to post, social media handles, links to Facebook groups or Google Groups, and other social platforms (“Posted Content”). You may not post (i) your own or third party email addresses, telephone numbers, physical addresses; or (ii) personal information of third parties.
TECHNOLOGY COLLECTED INFORMATION
“Cookies” are small text files from a website that are stored on your hard drive that make using our website more convenient. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. We may analyze the information derived from these cookies and match this information with data provided by you or another party. If you direct your Internet browser to block cookies or notify you and seek approval whenever a cookie is being sent to your hard drive note that some parts of our website may not function properly or be available to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information, as well as providing personalized functionality.
LeslieCarolBotha.com reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into LeslieCarolBotha.com a site that relies on third-party cookies).
Some of our Website pages and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). These web beacons permit us to count users who have visited certain of our Website pages or opened an email.
Some of these web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails, and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. LeslieCarolBotha.com prohibits web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of Non-Personal Information we track may include:
- Your internet protocol address
- The kind of browser and/or computer you use
- The number of links you click within the site
- The state or country from which you accessed the site
- The date and time of your visit
- The name of your internet service provider
- The web page you linked to our site from
- The pages you viewed on the site
How We Use & Share the Information Collected
Personally Identifiable Information
: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used for sales and marketing purposes. In the event you sign up to receive information (newsletters, case studies, white papers, etc.) the personally identifiable information you submit to us will be used to identify you and to facilitate your access to specific information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as marketing, sales, promotional information, products and services.
We will not
disclose personally identifiable information (other than Posted Content, which you agree to make public by posting) we collect from you to third parties without your permission, except to the extent necessary, including:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. If you send us an email address we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to questions or comments, provide requested information, and to send marking information. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at billing(at)lesliecarolbotha.com at any time. Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or event participation, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Customizing Our Website. We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including subpoenas, to respond to any government or regulatory request. When we feel it is if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, if we believe that such action is necessary to fulfill a government request, conform with the requirements of the law or legal process, to protect or defend our legal rights or property (our website, or other users) To protect ourselves, our customers or our vendors from liability, or to defend our rights, including investigations of fraud or misconduct;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or part of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- With your consent, for example, testimonial purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LeslieCarolBotha.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our website’s users or the general public.
If you wish to exercise your “right to be forgotten” and have all Personally Identifiable Information deleted, please email us directly with your request: billing(at)lesliecarolbotha.com. You maintain the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority in your local EU Member State under the GDPR.
For further information on how data protection and the Rights of European Citizens affects what you do online and how your information may be used, please visit this link, https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to billing(at)lesliecarolbotha.com.
Third Parties and Vendors
In certain instances we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third party vendors performing functions on our behalf, for example, companies who provide marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, assist us with customer service, etc. We do not
sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
The following third parties may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information:
- Google Apps
- Google Analytics
Even though we do not disclose your Personal Identifiable Information to these third parties, if you click on or otherwise interact with them through our Website, the third party may assume you meet its target criteria. Once you click onto the webpage of a third party, it is your responsibility to carefully review the terms of service and privacy statements on their web page.
: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to analyze site traffic, understand trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. We may disclose information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time
is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
Our website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as services or products referenced on our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our security program is appropriate to the size, scope and type of our business, the resources available to us, the amount of stored data and the need for security and confidentiality of the personal information we store. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The exact data retention period varies based on the system storing the information, the date of the user’s last activity or interaction with the company, and whether or not the information relates to a current or past customer.
We do not store your PII. All of your PII, including payment transactions, go directly to a third-party site, such as PayPal, Infusionsoft.com.
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits, features and services offered on or through our website.
Children Under 18
We do not specifically market to or knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 for marketing purposes. Because some information is collected online, it may not appear to be the personal information of a child under 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us, and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are under 18, please do not register for any of our services or provide us any information about yourself (such as your name, email address or phone number).
This policy was last updated August 2018.